Tomorrow, March 2, is Employee Appreciation Day. You don’t necessarily need to do anything elaborate to make your staff feel special. Susan Gallagher, a district manager for Insperity in Kansas City, offers these tips for recognizing your employees tomorrow:
- Surprise employees with special treats to kick off the day. A bagel spread or personalized orders from a local coffee shop will set a nice tone for the rest of the day.
- Give a gift. A substantial, unexpected gesture, such as a gift card to a nice restaurant or an e-reader device, is sure to be appreciated.
- Make a personal gesture. Write thank you notes to each employee for their contributions to the organization, or have a brief one-on-one meeting to acknowledge the employee.
- Arrange for a half-day off-site. Select a location where employees can relax and socialize out of the office such as a group lunch, bowling or a half day at a local park if the weather is nice.
- Plan an activity. Make Employee Appreciation Day fun with a workplace activity such as an ice cream social, professional in-office massages, or a chili cook-off where employees can compete for a prize.